Social culture visa information
This visa is issued to applicant who is going to Indonesia for a social/cultural visit, for example, visiting relatives or friends who live in Indonesia; visiting social organizations with the same type of activities; for exchange visits between educational institutions, carrying out research, and attending training program in Indonesia. Social-culture visa holder is not allowed to receive any salary from the visit one does. You have to apply before your arrival in Bali at the Indonesian embassy in your home country, to be able to volunteer or do an internship legally; you do need the Social-Culture Visa. Any other visa type is not sufficient.
Social culture visa in brief
- Time of application: 2-3 weeks. The visa application process takes some time and due to other reasons (Indonesian holidays or strike of post employees for example) the process can be delayed. Therefore, we recommend starting the application process the latest around 4 weeks prior your arrival in Indonesia.
- Validity: 60 days after arrival
- Extension: can be extended up to 4 times every 30 days
- Costs: 45 Euro
- Cost of extension in Bali: starting from 600.000-750.000 IDR via private agency, 355.000 IDR non-agency assistance extension
- This guideline helps you through the visa application. However, we highly suggest you to re check the information and visit the Indonesian Embassy’s website of your capital or call them directly.