Volunteer Teaching Project in a Primary School in Ubud
You will be volunteering at a local public school in one village in the heart of Kengetan. Your tasks will be to assist the local teachers during their daily lessons and to teach English in the after-school classes. No prior experience is necessary as you will be accompanied, trained and given resources to help you. The local teacher will be at hand to help you. There is flexibility to get involved in organizing extra-curricular activities for the enjoyment and enhanced learning (on the weekend or after school).
- Monday to Friday 08.00/ 09.00 am - 11.00 am co-teaching the first grader to the sixth grader in different subjects and supporting the teachers in their daily tasks
- Tuesday to Friday English tutoring in the after school project from 02.00 pm to 04.00 pm
- Every Saturday English tutoring for class 4,5 and 6
- Assisting after school programs, basically includes tutoring children, assisting them to learn mainly language (English, mainly the after school, by combining singing, reading, playing, drawing, flash cards and so forth)
- Give basic computer class sessions
- Must be over 18
- Confident to work and live together with locals
- Volunteers must prepare and hand in teaching and activity plans, consisting of ideas and creation of what they want to teach or play during their service in the project.
- Ability to work alone
Ubud area, Bali, Indonesia
Accommodation: simple traditional individual housing with locals (WC, AC, fridge)